Two AP Sensing Linear Power Series devices with 30 km, and one with 12 km, were installed for these subsea links. The two 30 km devices, installed at each end, measure non-terminating sensor cable with a length of 45 km. The trace data from these devices is combined in the SmartVision database to provide operators with one coherent 45 km temperature trace for the total run.
The specific needs for this installation, apart from outstanding reliability and stability, included:
- Both rack and IP66 wall-mounted housings were required (compact space, low power, no need for a temperature-controlled environment)
- No co-located Windows PC is required
- Trace data from all 3 devices is simultaneously collected in the SmartVision software database
- SmartVision runs on a virtual Windows 2012 server: highly available, easy to maintain, and accessible within the Energinet.dk organization
The planning, installation processes and the support from AP Sensing's Project Engineering team, working in close cooperation with Energinet.dk's engineering staff, were considered to be key factors in this successful subsea project.
Join us at an upcoming Power event in your region:
- CIGRÉ, 25-29 August, in Paris (booth #284)
- PES-ICC Fall Power Event, 5-8 October, Colorado Springs
- GCC Power, 10-12 November, Manama, Bahrain
Visit our product experts and learn more about our new High Performance and Long Distance DTS models. Get the maximum ampacity from your power network, while operating at safe levels. Click on the show names above for detailed information and the registration links.
We hope to see you soon!